Whetstone Windows & Doors specialises in modern and contemporary style windows and doors, perfect for architectural homes in Melbourne and greater Victoria.
Sliding windows are a popular choice for windows adjacent to a narrow walk way or deck where there is limited space for a window to open outwards, with benefits ranging from increased airflow, large glass areas, and the ability to add fly screens.
We offer a top-hung or bottom roller sliding windows for various applications. Both options allow for smooth, easy operation when opening and closing.
We can offer a range of glazing options available to improve the energy efficiency of your Sliding Windows.
So whether you are replacing windows or looking for windows for your new home or extension, Sliding windows may be the choice for you.
What is a Sliding Window?
Sliding Windows are a functional window that has a panel sliding over a fixed glass area, over the face of a wall, or into a wall cavity.
When to use a Sliding Window
Sliding Windows are a popular choice of window type for many reasons:
- They are perfect for increased ventilation as their wide openings ensure maximum airflow.
- Tip– Install them on the south side of the house to catch cooling breezes in the summer. If you have windows situated directly across from each other or even up to 90 degree angle, then use them for cross ventilation.
- You can choose a variety of glazing options from standard single glazing to double glazing, with or without Low E coating to maximise energy efficiency.
- Sliding Windows are an economical window to purchase for your home.
- Sliding Windows are one of the easiest types of windows to open and close.
Retractable flyscreens are available custom made to suit our timber Sliding Windows.
We can also provide timber-framed fly screens to use with your Sliding Windows.