Timber Awning Windows.
Suitable for both contemporary and traditional buildings, timber awning windows are a timeless and practical option.
With over 25 years’ expertise designing and manufacturing high quality timber windows and doors, Whetstone Windows & Doors can provide the perfect awning windows for your home. A very popular choice for many applications.
Providing good airflow while protecting your interiors from unexpected rain whilst the window is open, and can also include electronic open/close function for windows out of arms reach, and depending on the hardware chosen, can be locked at various open positions for constant airflow whilst having the security of a restricted opening.
Our awning windows can come with a variety of glazing options to help you improve your home’s energy efficiency.
Hinged at the top and opening outward, the entire sash opens to provide ventilation alongside full protection from the weather.
Benefits of Timber Awning Windows.
- Great for ventilation and improving airflow within your home.
- Ideal for bathrooms and laundries where increased ventilation is often required.
- Added protection against rain when the window is open.
- Awning Windows can incorporate double glazing to maximize energy efficiency.
- They seal tightly against our compression seals which can keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Awning windows can easily be fitted with fly screens.
- We can fit electronic operators for highlight windows out of arms reach.
Hardware for Awning Windows.
Awning Windows are used mainly in contemporary architecture, but can also be used in period homes if required.
The Awning window can be open and closed by an awning operator, an automatic actuator, or a chain-winder. The operators open and close with incredible ease and come in a range of colours.